Although some cruise ships depart from Long Beach Cruise Terminal, most cruise ships arrive and depart from the The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Port of San Pedro Cruise Ships:
- Silver Whisper – World Cruise (Approx. 6 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
- Silver Spirit – Mexico (Approx. 6 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
Silversea Cruises presents sumptuous ocean-view suites and the tantalizing freedom of an all-inclusive lifestyle aboard a plethora of luxury cruises. Each all-inclusive cruise reflects distinctive European styling in every detail, from uncompromising service to exquisite gourmet dining. Intimate spaces and well-travelled, international guests foster a convivial onboard ambience. And in each fascinating destination, Silversea provides access to exclusive explorations and uniquely enriching cultural connections.
- Staterooms with Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
Most luxury brands began in Europe, and even today Italy is universally acknowledged as the world-centre of style, design, and that intangible allure called la dolce vita. There are the world’s leading fashion designers from Armani to Ferragamo, the temptations of la cucina Italiana, the Chiantis and Brunellos of Tuscany. And in the ultra-luxury travel market – there’s the polished perfection of Silversea.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines and love them. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.