All San Francisco cruise ships depart from the Port of San Francisco, Pier 35 at the Embarcadero.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
San Francisco Port Cruise Ships:
- Seven Seas Navigator (WARNING: Approx. 4 Accessible Staterooms – To Alaska)
The Regent Seven Seas Cruises fleet includes sister all-suite, all-balcony, 700-guest ships Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Mariner; and the all-suite, 90% balcony Seven Seas Navigator. Regent Seven Seas Cruises, with headquarters in Miami, is owned by Prestige Cruise Holdings, the market leader in the Upper Premium and Luxury segments of the cruise industry with over 6,400 berths between the Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Oceania Cruises brands.
- Staterooms with Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is recognized as one of the world’s premier luxury lines with features such as 6-star, all-suite, all-balcony ships and superior space and service ratios. However, even more compelling than the quality of our ships is the adventurous spirit of RSSC – the imaginative itineraries, unique shore excursions and land tours, and the other innovative services we offer discerning guests. Destination Services features personalized services and programs that enable you to travel at your own pace and explore those things which interest you the most. From unique, pre-bookable adventures ashore to exclusive pre- and post-cruise land programs, the world is quite literally in the palm of your hand when you travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. American Cruise Lines operates 3 vessels, each with 1 wheelchair accessible stateroom. Although we have not yet experienced these river cruises, we are considering one of their New England or Hudson River cruises. These cruises seem expensive, about twice the price of the larger cruise ships, and only some of day trip excursions are wheelchair accessible. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.