Although some cruise ships depart from Long Beach Cruise Terminal, most cruise ships arrive and depart from the The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Port of San Pedro Cruise Ships:
- Norwegian Jewel – Vancouver/ New Orleans/ Houston (Approx. 20 Accessible Staterooms)
- Norwegian Sun – Vancouver/ Tampa/ Miami (Approx. 20 Accessible Staterooms)
- Norwegian Star – Miami (Approx. 21 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
- Norwegian Pearl – Miami (Approx. 20 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
Since 1966, when we pioneered the very first Caribbean cruise, Norwegian Cruise Line has been the industry leader for innovation. From the first cruise line private island to Blue Man Group to our award-winning Freestyle Cruising, we do things differently. You’ll feel it with the passion and dedication of every team member you meet, you’ll see it in our commitment to the environment and you’ll know it when you experience the best cruise vacation you’ve ever had. Come aboard our fleet of 11 ships and let us show you what Freestyle Cruising is all about.
- Staterooms have Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
Freestyle Cruising starts with a wide range of complimentary dining options all included in your cruise price, and all available on your schedule. The freedom continues with entertainment for everybody. From Broadway shows, to adults-only clubs where you can dance ’til dawn, to supervised activities for kids and teens. When it’s time to recover from the excitement, you can retreat to accommodations designed for the way you cruise.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines and love them. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.