Boston Cruise ships leave from the Black Falcon Terminal which is near south Boston about 2.5 miles (15 minutes) from the Boston Commons. Boston cruise ships provide luxury cruises throughout New England, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Boston Port Cruise Ships:
- MS Veendam (Approx. 16 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms) Destinations: Canada, New England, Amsterdam, Northern Europe, San Diego (via Panama Canal)
- MS Maasdam (Approx. 16 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms) Destinations: Canada, New England
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. If you are looking for some of the most spacious and comfortable ships at sea, award-winning service, five star dining, extensive activities and enrichment programs and compelling worldwide itineraries, you’ve come to the right place. We are committed to our mission: through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
- Staterooms with Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
Holland America Line has a long and proud history of delivering extraordinary vacation experiences, and with our ongoing $566-million Signature of Excellence commitment, that experience is now better than ever. Signature of Excellence enhancements encompass virtually every area of our ships and range from new facilities and public spaces to added services and amenities.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. American Cruise Lines operates 3 vessels, each with 1 wheelchair accessible stateroom. Although we have not yet experienced these river cruises, we are considering one of their New England or Hudson River cruises. These cruises seem expensive, about twice the price of the larger cruise ships, and only some of day trip excursions are wheelchair accessible. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.