Although some cruise ships depart from Long Beach Cruise Terminal, most cruise ships arrive and depart from the The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Port of San Pedro Cruise Ships:
- Queen Elizabeth – Tahiti/ South Pacific/ Transatlantic (Approx. 20 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
For nearly a century, Cunard’s ocean liners have been sailing to shores fabled and exotic on a journey only Cunard could claim to have launched, the World Cruise. Though White Star Service draws from our prestigious heritage, our fleet is one of the youngest at sea, benefitting from the best facilities and the widest range of entertainment and leisure options available on the ocean today.
- Staterooms with Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
Cunard prides itself on standards of service that go above and beyond, exceeding the expectations of our guests. We call this White Star Service. You’ll experience this the moment you step on board when our white-gloved officers and crew greet you with a smile and warm welcome.
From then on you’ll notice that every detail of your cruise has been carefully considered to make sure you have the most enjoyable, memorable and luxurious experience aboard The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines and love them. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.