Although some cruise ships depart from Long Beach Cruise Terminal, most cruise ships arrive and depart from the The Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Port of San Pedro Cruise Ships:
- Celebrity Century – Pacific Coast/ Hawaii (Approx. 10 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
Since its inception in 1989, Celebrity has held true to its original commitment of taking the very best aspects of classic, elegant cruising and updating them to reflect current lifestyles. In 1997, we merged with Royal Caribbean International to form Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Staterooms have Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
What sets Celebrity apart from other vacation choices today is the cruise line’s passionate dedication to providing guests with a cruise experience that exceeds expectations. This has become the definition of Celebrity Cruises, and has set the worldwide standard for today’s expression of what first made cruising famous – high quality, superior design, spacious accommodations, grand style, attentive service and exceptional cuisine.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines and love them. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.