Seattle Cruise ships leave from Piers 66 (currently Norwegian Cruises and Celebrity Cruises) and Pier 91 (all others). Pier 66 is located along the Alaskan waterfront very close to the Edgewater Hotel and Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Pier 91 is located approximately 2.5 miles north. At Pier 91 there are no nearby hotels. If your cruise ships arrives or departs from Pier 91, be sure to arrange transportation. Taxis are normally available.
Similar to Pier 91 in Seattle, many ports during your cruise may be several miles from the destination’s primary city and main attractions. Regular buses are often not accessible. It is advised that transportation be arranged prior to initial cruise departure. Taxi and limo service are generally available, and it is advised that passengers obtain the names and local phone numbers for 2-3 taxi or limo services prior to initial cruise departure.
If international travel is involved, it is advised that you carry a mobile phone with the ability to dial internationally. Learn how to dial local country and city codes prior to departure. International calls are generally priced at a premium so it is advised that most calls be relatively short in duration.
Jim’s Accessibility Comments: We’ve enjoyed many cruises around the world. It’s a wonderful and accessible way to explore the world. Most are very wheelchair friendly with large accessible staterooms and nicely designed accessible bathrooms.
Seattle Port Cruise Ships:
- Carnival Miracle (Approx. 6 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms)
With over 20 “Fun Ships” cruising from more than 20 close-to-home departure ports to the best of the Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, and Europe, Carnival Cruise Lines has the perfect vacation for you.
- Staterooms with Roll-In Showers.
- Most Decks Available with Elevator.
- Wheelchair Accessible Restrooms on Most Decks.
For a great vacation value, choose the be-yourself ease of a Fun Ship cruise. Do what you want for three to eight days or longer. Relax in the sun. Work out in the gym. Play in the casino. Enjoy lavish shows. And explore new destinations. There’s something for everyone, including Camp Carnival for kids and Club 02(SM) for teens. This is your time to enjoy a million moments of fun, one right after another with Carnival Cruise Lines.
You’ll be pampered everywhere you go onboard from your spacious stateroom with its new Comfort Bed(SM) and menu of pillows to Spa Carnival(SM) with its wide range of health and beauty remedies.
- Note on River Cruises: My wife and I have enjoyed multiple cruises on the larger cruise lines. We continually seek out worldwide river cruises with overnight wheelchair accessible accommodations. American Cruise Lines operates 3 vessels, each with 1 wheelchair accessible stateroom. Although we have not yet experienced these river cruises, we are considering one of their New England or Hudson River cruises. These cruises seem expensive, about twice the price of the larger cruise ships, and only some of day trip excursions are wheelchair accessible. We have researched Viking Cruises and river cruises throughout Western and Eastern European countries. Unfortunately, we have not found a single wheelchair accessible river cruise. We’ll keep looking and would appreciate hearing from you if overnight accessible river cruises are available.